(discipline: Mechanical Engineering)
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics became a separate AGH UST unit in 1952 as a consequence of the division of the Faculty of Electromechanics; initially, its name was the Faculty of Mechanisation of Mining and Metallurgy. The present name was given in 1952. At the moment, the faculty employs 300 staff, including 230 university teachers, and educates about 4,000 students.
For many years, the faculty’s chief scientific focus has been on mechanics, machinery construction and operation, automatics, and robotics. In recent years, the number of patents and implementation agreements has been significant.
The faculty collaborates closely with the extractive and metallurgical industries, together with their technical base, and a considerable number of industrial plants using top-notch technologies. Collaboration with the following companies has been extremely close: KGHM Polska Miedź, Skanska, Siemens, PZL Mielec – Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, IOS Krakow, Valeo, ABB, Kirchhoff, MAN, Mitsubishi Electric, PIMOT Warsaw, and Delphi Automotive Systems.
Thanks to our highly qualified staff, the faculty can collaborate with reputable educational centres in the European Union, Latin America, and the United States. Our students receive scholarships in Germany, France, and Great Britain, which results in the acquisition of a double diploma.
The wide scope of studies enables our alumni to work in any industrial branch in Poland and abroad; and their spectacular careers are often the best proof of their qualifications. The faculty is constantly changing, adjusting to the needs of the economy, which is in constant flux, and to the expectations of the candidates. This is why the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics has launched the following programmes of study: Acoustic Engineering and Mechanical and Materials Engineering.
All rights reserved © 2021 AGH University of Science and Technology