Plaques and monuments

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Władysław Takliński  

Building A-0, ground floor 

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Andrzej Bolewski   

Building A-0, ground floor 

Commemorative plaque dedicated to TON AGH (Secret Teaching Organisation at AGH UST) 

Building A-0, ground floor  

 

 

Plaque containing the names of the honorary members of the AGH UST Alumni Association 

The plaque consists of two marble plates forming an open book. The unveiling and blessing of the plaque took place on 10th May 1996 during the celebrations of the Metallurgist’s Day.

Building A-0, ground floor  

 

 

Plaque with the names of individuals who have made a significant contribution to the development of AGH UST

The honour is awarded to the retired employees of AGH UST who have contributed to the development of the university. The number of living individuals honoured with the distinction must not exceed ten.

Building A-0, ground floor  

 

 

Memorial plaque commemorating Józef Piłsudski, Chief of State  

Building A-0, ground floor  

 

 

Commemorative plaque dedicated to the pope on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of electing cardinal Karol Wojtyła as pope  

A ceremonial unveiling of the plaque took place during John Paul II Days on 5th November 2008.

Building A-0, ground floor  

 

 

 

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Walery Goetel  

The plaque is made of a granite rock from the Tatra Mountains obtained by highlanders from a stream in the Chochołowska Valley, contains a bronze bust of professor W. Goetel. The unveiling of the plaque took place on 4th October 1975.

Building A-0, 1st floor

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Antoni Hoborski, the first rector of the Mining Academy  

Building A-0, 1st floor 

Commemorative plaque dedicated to the 30th anniversary of arresting professors of the Mining Academy by the Nazis 

An urn with the ashes of the professors of the Mining Academy who died in the extermination camp of Sachsenhausen was built in on 5th November 1981.

Building A-0, 1st floor

Memorial plaque commemorating the professors of Krakow schools who were imprisoned in the Sachsenhausen concentration camp in the years 1939-1940  

The plaque was unveiled on 8th February 1985 by the AGH UST Rector and Senate.

Building A-0, 1st floor

Memorial plaque commemorating the employees of the Mining Academy who were murdered in NKVD camps in 1940   

The plaque was funded by the AGH UST Rector and Senate. The unveiling of the plaque took place on 31st August 1993. 

Building A-0, 1st floor 

Memorial plaque commemorating the alumni and students of the Mining Academy who died in the years 1939-1945  

The plaque was unveiled during the celebrations of the Jubilee of 30 years of the AGH UST Alumni Association on 1st September 1975.

Building A-0, 1st floor 

Memorial plaque commemorating the employees of the Mining Academy who died for the country and education at the hands of the Nazi occupiers in the years 1939-1945 

Building A-0, 1st floor 

Commemorative plaque dedicated to awarding the degree honoris causa of the AGH University of Science and Technology to John Paul II in 2000  

Building A-0, 1st floor 

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Karol Bohdanowicz  

Building A-0, 2nd floor 

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Bolesław Krupiński  

A-0/A-1 connector building

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Feliks Zalewski 

A-0/A-1 connector building 

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Henryk Czeczott  

A-0/A-1 connector building 

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Antoni Sałustowicz  

The plaque was funded by the alumni and employees of the Siersza coal mine and the members of the Krakow branch of the Association of Mining Engineers and Technicians.

A-0/A-1 connector building 

“Małgosia” – sculpture of a female student 

The sculpture was funded by professor Ryszard Tadeusiewicz, AGH UST Rector in the years 1998-2005.

A-0/A-1 connector building

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Aleksander Krupkowski  

A-1/A-2 connector building

Memorial plaque commemorating professor Iwan Feszczenko-Czopiwski  

A-1/A-2 connector building