Let’s celebrate Miner’s Day – St. Barbara’s Day at AGH UST 2021
Professor Jerzy Lis, the AGH UST Rector, and the authorities of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Resource Management invite all employees, students, alumni, and friends of the University to participate in the celebration of Miner’s Day. The highlight of this year’s Barbórka festivities will be on December 10, 2021.
The Miners’ Revel, which concludes the Miner’s Day celebrations, will take place, exceptionally, two months later, on February 10, 2022.
- 63th International Exhibition and Trade Fair of Minerals, Fossils, and Jewellery (A-0 building) – due to the current epidemiological situation, the organisers decided to cancel the event.
- 8:30 – ceremonial opening of the 62nd Student Research Clubs Conference (A-0 building, Assembly Hall)
- 9:30 – session of the 62nd Student Research Clubs Conference
- 17:00 – summary of the Mining Division Student Research Clubs Conference – presentation of diplomas
- 8:30 – ceremonial mass at St. Anna’s Collegiate Church
- 13:00 – ceremony in the AGH UST Assembly Hall and the traditional skok przez skórę [leather jump] (live transmission at www.agh.edu.pl):
- Gaude Mater Polonia performed by the AGH UST Song and Dance Ensemble "Krakus"
- Speech given by Professor Jerzy Lis, AGH UST Rector
- Address of the Dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Resource Management, Professor Marek Cała
- Presentation of miners’ ranks
- Presentation of faculty commendations
- Miners’ Anthem
- Traditional skok przez skórę (a symbolic rite of acceptance of students as miners)
10 February 2022
- Miners’ Revel (Stara Zajezdnia)
Detailed information (in Polish)