- a staff member who decides to self-quarantine or self-isolate is obliged to immediately notify the employer of this fact. Until the official decision on quarantine or isolation or a medical certificate is obtained, the staff member must obtain consent to work remotely or authorise the absence through normal absence procedures (as set out in the Terms and Conditions of Employment /PL: Regulamin Pracy/),
- a staff member that has been ordered to quarantine must immediately notify the employer of this fact,
- receipt of decision on compulsory quarantine issued by the sanitary authority is required to claim sickness benefit,
- issuing the compulsory quarantine decision does not result directly in the person in question being deemed unfit for work,
- a staff member who has been ordered to quarantine can work remotely as long as the scope of the person’s tasks and responsibilities can be performed remotely and the organisational unit manager has assigned work of this kind to the employee. The organisational unit manager may assign work to the staff member in quarantine to be performed in the place of quarantine only at the request of this staff member,
- the quarantine order issued by the sanitary authorities and submitted with the Personnel Department shall be considered a sickness benefit claim. In such cases no work in any form can be performed by the employee,
- a staff member who has been put in isolation (once the SARS-CoV-2 infection has been confirmed or if the person has come down with an illness caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus) must immediately notify the employer of the fact of isolation,
- a staff member who has been put in isolation is deemed unfit for work. The employee will be entitled to receive the same benefits for the period of isolation as for the periods of sickness-related absence,
- periods spent in isolation (whether at home or in an isolation facility as well as the hospitalisation period) must be documented with a decision issued by the sanitary authority and/or a medical certificate,
- any decisions as to whether authorise the absence of a regular or PhD student, who has decided to self-isolate or self-quarantine, shall be at the discretion of the student’s Faculty,
- any absence resulting from a regular or PhD student being put in quarantine on the order of the sanitary authority or in isolation as instructed by a doctor shall be authorised.
Szczegółowe zasady odbywania izolacji i kwarantanny przez pracowników, uwarunkowania oraz zakres świadczeń przysługujących pracownikom w tym okresie określa Instrukcja Nr 3.
Cases should be reported to
AntyCOVID-19 Central Operational Team available 24/7
phone: 12 617-33-88
phone: 12 617-20-08, 12-617-20-09 until 15.30.
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University units – on-duty officer authorised by a unit manager available from 07:00 to 22:00 (phone availability guaranteed).